Health by the Numbers is a report detailing the 2011 results of the IFPMA Wellness Survey. Through this assessment, IFPMA sought to document the extent to which member companies engage in wellness programs, their scopes, and contributions to employees’ well-being.
The report also considers the role of workplace wellness programs in addressing non-communicable diseases (NCDs). NCDs account for 63% of worldwide deaths and can be reduced through changes to lifestyle behaviors.
Health by the Numbers demonstrates how the 20 responding member companies have transformed the workplace into platforms for healthy living, and includes the following key findings:
- 85% focus on preventing or managing NCDs
- 65% were established before 2005
- 85% offer smoking-cessation support
- 50% focus on mental health prevention or support
- 70% conduct impact assessments