Global Innovative Health Industries Alliance
The Global Innovative Health Industries Alliance is a collaborative platform for international associations representing biopharmaceuticals, biotech, diagnostics, medical devices, and diagnostic imaging industries to foster dialogue & collaboration for innovation
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the response to COVID-19 crisis underlines the critical role of the private sector in a shared societal agenda and emphasizes the importance of collaboration across countries, actors, and sectors for a wider array of outcomes — health and wellbeing prime among them.
Meeting the highly ambitious 17 goals and 169 targets by 2030 and ensuring adequate response to global health crisis will require further scientific breakthroughs and strategic innovations.
Innovative health industries such as biopharmaceuticals, biotech, diagnostics, medical devices, diagnostic imaging and data and digital medical industries have a fundamental role to play in driving innovation and in contributing to the diverse treatment and prevention ecosystem of which they are part by working alongside public and private providers, health professionals, hospitals and clinics, laboratory services, and health insurers.
The Global Innovative Health Industries Alliance convenes innovative health industries to foster dialogue and collaboration for innovation and access by:
- Establishing a platform for the exchange of information of mutual interest
- Advocating the value of innovation through a supportive and sustainable ecosystem for the innovative health industries, regulatory systems, scientific research and business ethics
- Promoting a holistic approach to access and affordability
- Responding to health emergencies and supporting global health security
- Promoting patient safety and ethical conduct involving healthcare professionals
The 4 founding member of the Alliance are:
- International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations (IFPMA),
- International Council of Biotechnology Associations (ICBA),
- Global Diagnostic Imaging, Healthcare IT & Radiation Therapy Trade Association (DITTA)
- Global Self-Care Federation (GSCF)
We are all committed to deliver high-quality healthcare to people worldwide as well as safeguarding innovation and promoting access to innovation.