Organization and Initiative
International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers & Associations (IFPMA) – Access Accelerated Initiative (AAI)
The Access Accelerated (AA) Initiative brings together over 20 biopharmaceutical companies in a unique cross-industry collaboration that seeks to reduce barriers to prevention, treatment and care for NCDs in Low and Lower-middle-income economies through health systems strengthening (HSS) and alignment with Universal Health Coverage (UHC) objectives and priorities.
AA commits to:
- Impact through partnership – build and strengthen robust, multi-sectoral partnerships to foster collaboration and build knowledge, capacity, and tools for long-term, sustainable NCD care in low and middle-income countries.
- Enhance value and reduce fragmentation of NCD programming for the public good
- Streamline industry contributions for greater impact
This senior level position reports to the Director of the Access Accelerated Initiative; She / He is responsible for the effective multinational coordination of operations required to ensure the efficient execution of the initiative.
Duties include but are not restricted to the following areas: facilitating the development of implementation plans and tracking tools for operationalization, procurement planning, monitoring and evaluation and business process development/internal controls, all under the direction of the Director of the Access Accelerated Initiative.
Permanent Contract 100%
Start date : ASAP
- Coordinates initiative operations and planning within delegated authority – human resources management, finance management and reporting, grant management, procurement, workplan development and implementation management, key performance indicator tracking, etc.
- Oversees the development of internal operational procedures, internal controls and compliance.
- Manages financial disbursements, cash-flows, accounts receivable, accounts payable and financial reporting in accordance with the financial rules and regulations. Analyses financial data, identifies areas for potential concern and generates recommended solutions.
- Manages administrative team and ensures the effective delivery of team outputs/services including procurement of goods and services, travel, communications, and information technology needs of the office, and local/international service requirements.
- Builds a network of local/international external service providers to ensure the execution administrative services for the Initiative.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years’ of progressive experience in a combination of the following: management, administration, finance, accounting, human resources, project management and implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation – in the international context.
- Experience in a lead operational and/or administrative role in an international public health related programme.
- Experience in management decision making within an operational and/or administrative framework in an international public health-related setting.
- Experience in core operational and/or administrative matters essential for the effective planning and execution of a multinational programme/project against time bound deliverables in LMICs – human resources management, finance management and reporting, grant management, procurement, workplan development, implementation management, key performance indicator monitoring, etc.
- Experience collaborating with a broad array of actors in the global public health sector, including funders and implementing partners, eg. USAID, BMGF, ADB, JICA, GIZ, World Bank, Wellcome Trust, DFID, PATH, WHO, UNICEF, the broader United Nations system and private sector actors.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong skills in building partnerships with a wide array of actors, particularly the management of public-private partnerships.
- Fluent command of the English language (written and spoken).
- Educated to degree level in business management, business administration, accounting, finance, commerce or a related field. Master’s degree and above highly desirable.
- Ability to take initiative and thrive in a fast-paced, diverse professional environment and manage competing priorities. International travel will be required.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong knowledge of issues in assigned area of responsibility with the ability to think creatively, identify/exploit synergies and ensure alignment for the delivery of first-rate results.
- Displays advocacy ability and communication skills (written and oral) to engage effectively with external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates ability to deploy judgment, discretion and professional integrity.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Ability to multi-task, resilient to pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Understanding of pharmaceutical industry, operation of pharmaceutical companies and representative associations.
- Demonstrates ability with social media and PC proficiency (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook – Twitter, Facebook)
Interested candidates are invited to please submit a CV/Resume and cover letter to: email@example.com