Definition of personal data
For purposes of this policy, Personal Data is any data or combination of data in any form or medium, relating directly or indirectly to an identified or identifiable natural person; this includes, for example, contact information, unique identifiers, such as IP addresses and equipment identifiers.
Information collected from you
IFPMA collects your Personal Data in the following contexts, with your consent, to meet its legitimate interests or to fulfill a contract with you:
- Event Registration. IFPMA (co-)organizes public events to support public discussion of issues relevant to the pharmaceutical industry. When registering for an IFPMA event, you will be asked for your name, email address and professional affiliation. On occasion, when an event is being organized with a partner, additional information may be requested, for example for security purposes.
- Contact database. If you have collaborated with IFPMA or have attended an IFPMA event, we will ask you whether we may retain your Personal Data to contact you about future IFPMA activities and events if retention of your personal data is not based on legitimate interest of IFPMA. You will be offered a choice and may withdraw your consent / object to data processing based on IFPMA`s legitimate interest at any time by sending an email to email@example.com or clicking “unsubscribe”.
- Our website provides information to get in contact with IFPMA. Personal Data we receive through this channel is used to respond to your request only, except you consent to being added to our contact database.
All Personal Data collected will only be used for the purposes specified and will not be sold or shared with third parties other than in relation to these purposes. All personal data will be deleted once the justification (consent, legitimate interest, or contract) is not valid anymore.
Information collected when you visit our website
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
We may share your Personal Data for the purposes mentioned above with:
• service providers in connection with the operation of this website, including website hosting, the provision of technology related services and promotional material distribution; or
• public authorities, government regulators or other law enforcement officials and the courts, as required or permitted by law or when compelled by a binding order; or
• our members and partners in the context of IFPMA’s activities relating to the purpose for which the personal data was collected.
When sharing your Personal Data with entities located in countries outside the EEA that do not provide for an equivalent level of data protection, we will put in place contractual guarantees in accordance with applicable data protection law. You can use the contact information below to request more information.
We maintain appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access. Unfortunately, no information security system can be 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your Personal Data, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the Personal Data against unpredictable loss or unauthorized access.
Subject to restrictions under applicable law, you have the right to request from us access, rectification, erasure, restriction and deletion, and portability of your Personal Data. Such requests can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data we collect is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used and that the Personal Data is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current. You are responsible for making sure that your data is up-to-date and accurate when you provide it to us and where our services offer you the tools to maintain your data.
Retention of Personal Data
We will only retain Personal Data for as long as we are required to do so by applicable law(s), or for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for which it is processed. We will delete Personal Data when it is no longer needed, and, in any case, upon expiration of the maximum storage term set forth in applicable law or upon your request to delete it.
Links to Other Internet Websites
If you think that your complaint has not been adequately addressed, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority for data privacy in your country.