The IFPMA is delighted to welcome seven new members. These are full members Shionogi & Co Ltd and Shire, associate members BIO and INTERPAT and affiliate members The Pharmaceutical Security Institute (PSI), the International Pharmaceutical Congress Advisory Association (IPCAA), and the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Wholesalers’ (IFPW).
Learn more about their activities
- Shionogi & Co. Ltd is a pharmaceutical company with headquarters in Osaka, Japan. For over 135 years, Shionogi has been dedicated to developing medicines that protect the health and well-being of patients worldwide. Addressing unmet medical needs and improving quality of life for patients and their families are what drives our company, our philosophy and our teams.
- Shire focuses on developing and delivering innovative medicines for patients with rare diseases and other specialty conditions. This might be a therapy to treat an extremely rare and life-threatening disease such as Hunter syndrome or Fabry disease, or a medicine for a specialist condition such as ADHD or ulcerative colitis.
- BIO is the world’s largest trade association representing biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products. BIO also produces the BIO International Convention, the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry, along with industry-leading investor and partnering meetings held around the world.
- INTERPAT is an association of research-based pharmaceutical companies. Its members include European, Japanese and US head-quartered corporations with a major commitment to the development and delivery of innovative medicines to patients worldwide. Its representatives are the senior executives responsible for patent and related IP matters in member companies.
- The Pharmaceutical Security Institute (PSI) is a not-for-profit, membership organization dedicated to protecting the public health, sharing information on the counterfeiting of pharmaceuticals, ad initiating enforcement actions through the appropriate authorities.
- The International Pharmaceutical Congress Advisory Association (IPCAA) is a non-profit membership organisation focusing on congress management. It works to improve the standards and protocols within the industry and offers a range of services to member companies, for example training, code of conduct and guidelines. Membership of the Association is open to internationally active healthcare companies engaged in medical congresses. All member companies must maintain a permanent healthcare-oriented research programme.
- The International Federation of Pharmaceutical Wholesalers’ (IFPW) is the global trade association representing the full-service pharmaceutical wholesaler and distribution industry. Its mission is to help its members and stakeholders advance the safe, efficient and continuous access to pharmaceuticals worldwide through the promotion of good distribution practices and services.
If you are interested in becoming a member of IFPMA, please contact us.
Geneva, 24 August 2015